Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kodagu (Coorg) Trip > 28 APR (Day 2)


This was a rest day. I went to Chamundi hills early in the morning by bus. Later I came to know that Madhu and gang (from RFL group) were running here. Missed out a nice opportunity :-( It was getting crowded slowly at Chamundi hills. The flux of crowd gave a good idea of what will be ahead in the day. Then I went to Palace, spent couple of hours there. The artistry is magnificent here. The entire palace has sandalwood smell! glass paintings, tiles, woodwork is just amazing.


Took a bus to Srirangapattana, which went straight to Sangam. Actually Kaveri splits at Ranganathswamy temple into two streams, which meet here again. There was too much crowed here and is not very clean. I hired a auto for 200 Rs to see places. It would have been better if I had come here for a halt and ride on bike. Then Went to Karia Ghatta. this place gets less crowd so its clean. A bath here can totally rejovinate you. Even though depth was less, current was very strong. I slipped from a stone and hit on knees. That didn't pain much at that time. Then went to Gomez, the place where Haider Ali, Tipu, his sons and other family members tombs are situated. From there I went to Dariah Daulat Bagh, that is Tipu's summer palace. Autowalah dropped me at Ranganathswamy temple at 4 PM. Afetr taking darshan I headed back to Mysore.

First thing I did was to check if my bike is still allright. Informed the Chacha there that I will come to take the bike next day morning at 4.30 AM. I was skeptic that if there would be anybody early in the morning. Still had lot of time so walked to Devaraj Urs road. the upmarket shoppping area of Mysore. You can see all modern multinational brands on this road. I liked city very much. it is similar to Kolhapur in many ways. I felt very comfortable being in Mysore.

Now it was time to decide next days plan. Nagarhole or Kabini could have been done in a day but finding accomodation would have been a challange since this was peak time. So I decided to reach Kushalnagar next day check out nearby places and decide further plan. Manager of the lodge gave me direction to reach Hunsur road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home