Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yella Ok Cycle trip yake?

The marriage season is on and so came Abhishek & Reshma's invite for wedding reception at Mysore. Abhishek had teased me a lot when I bought my mountain bike and had enticed me to ride Mysore - Bangalore many times. I needed a good break from my work very badly so this was a gr8 opportunity. decided to do it in plain old style trip, "NO PLANS". Going solo was not really a choice :-) After this trip I can say that I really really love traveling solo! "Outlook 52 Weekends from Bangalore" was a faithful friend as usual. I marked few places around Mysore. Kabini,Nagarhole, Siddapur, Kakkabe and Madikeri etc. So it was going to be Kodagu (Coorg) trip, but no details worked out.

FRI 27 APR 4.00 AM was the start time, so that I can reach Mysore well before 7 PM when reception starts. but it wasn't that easy to start. I had to attend a cousins wedding at Hospet (7 Hrs bus journey from Bangalore) the previous day and come back to Bangalore by mid night so that I can do packing and take few hours of sleep. I managed to escape from wedding hall at 4 PM, got a direct bus and reached home at 1 PM. There was a new drama by autowalah this time. I gave a 100 Rs note and three 10 Rs to him, a moment after he says that I have given him four 10 Rs notes. Sravan had
told me his similar experience happened two days before that, so I knew his trick. Being in Bangalore for more than two years I know how to handle them. This was the easier one...

I had set three alarms, two in cell and one in my watch so that I wake up before 3.30 AM in any case. Got up at 3 AM, did all the packing and set out exactly at 4.00 AM. I was carrying 4 T's, 1 Jeans, Kurta for reception, water bottle,pump and puncture kit, outlook 52 weekends guide, 4000 Rs, sports watch, cell phone etc...(read underwears). I did not have front/rear lights and trip meter. Riding on highways early morning is tough without lights, it’s dangerous :( and that’s why blessings of Raagi Gudda Anjaneyya was a must (temple is at 1 min ride from my home!). Finally there I was out on the road. 4.05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home