Thursday, May 03, 2007

Flash back

So many things happened after NRF that I did not get any time to update my blog.
I was planning for Mumbai Marathon for almost two months and no chance that I would have missed that. So I decided to run despite the fact that I was out of practice for 3 weeks and still had jet lag and there was a big blister on my right feet. This visit was after more than two and half years!


My timimg was 02:45:55. check out Search for "java". For records I was 2 mins faster than Bangalore Marathon 06. After KM 12 that blister started paining badly. There was only one way out, keep running faster! You can see the result
Visited my favorite spots like Gateway, Marine Drive and had dinner at Samrat. That delicious Gujju thali tastes exactly same!


After Mumbai Marathon it was time to reward myself (or my legs really?). So one fine day I went to that firefox showroom on CMH Road, Indira Nagar and bought TREK 3700 mountain bike. Well it did cost me a bomb but its worth that. I started commuting to office on my bike but that is not it is made for. So decided to do a trip to Big Banyan Tree near Ramohalli. Which is around 30 KM from my home. I traced the entire route on WikiMapia! someone has put all the tags there.



The mashup I had built in December was selected for IBM WEB 2 Conference in Kolkata. Sam pitched in to build the WPC service and the demo was Live! We won the best paper award!(must be first time I have won any award :-))
We visited Gharia Bazzar and did some shopping. Kolkata has a very strong sense of its culture and identity compared to any other Indian city. You can see some very nice traditional paintings even in shopping mall.



The very next day 31st Mar was BarCampBangalore 3 This time IIM-B was host to the event. This was my first unconference, though I was not presenting anything I just dropped in to check out what really happens at barCamp.
I got chance to meet Dr. Ashwin Mahesh of Mapunity, folks from Active Mobs and saw many cool demos/technologies in mobile space. Lots of good work is happening in Bangalore.
Since barCamp was in a educational campus it had its effect. Class rooms are not at all suited for unconference. I hope that will change next time. Also felt that the guys who are organising this want it in "controlled" way, why do they want more people for event?
The kind of passion and enthusiasm that exudes here is just amazing. No nonsense, just stuff and have fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home